Global and Multicultural Education
The Office of Global and Multicultural Education at Bloomsburg University strives to create quality cross-cultural experiences for faculty, staff, and students and to promote awareness of global issues.
This is achieved through:
- Providing Bloomsburg University students with comprehensive study abroad experiences that enrich their lives and enhance their academic careers.
- Organizing various activities and programs (lectures, workshops, festivals, Models) to promote awareness of global issues.
- Supporting incoming international students who expose our BU community to different and enriching experiences in and outside of the classroom.
Challenge yourself, pack your bag and let the world be your classroom!
Globalization has significantly affected the work environment. Study abroad offers unique experiences that enhance your academic career and personal goals. Study abroad introduces you to different cultures providing a better understanding of others. It also helps you acquire the skills to be an engaged global citizens.
Go on a journey of self-discovery!
“If anything, people hesitate to go abroad. There’s this barrier where people don’t decide ‘I’m going to do it.’ It’s not as expensive as you’d think. I would just really encourage people to travel. Bloomsburg has all of the resources available; you just have to want to find them. I have so much more in my life from these experiences, and it’s absolutely incredible,” Cassandra Souza ‘17
Establishing career marketability via study abroad, Lydia Stebbins, Anthropology and Languages and Cultures major.
Incoming International Students (degree-seeking)
Bloomsburg University offers the opportunities of a big university — less than a three-hour drive to New York City and four-hour drive to Washington, D.C. — with the personalized and friendly learning environment of a smaller school. International students will find it easy to transition to a new culture in the welcoming atmosphere of the cozy campus on the hill.
- A mentoring program to help you adjust to a new culture and educational system, and over 200 student organizations to join.
- Professional development opportunities from your freshman year through your senior year to prepare you for your future career through ProfessionalU.
- Learning opportunities outside the classroom such as volunteering, internships, and funded research opportunities.
Incoming Exchange Students
Bloomsburg University hosts incoming exchange students from partner universities throughout the world
BU is home to approximately 9,500 students. Its beautiful campus features an excellent technologically designed library and a wealth of recreational facilities.
Life in the town of Bloomsburg offers the best of both worlds: a safe and serene rural community that lies within easy travelling distance from major metropolitan areas, such as New York City and Philadelphia.
Eligible students must be nominated by their home university before submitting an application. Nominations can be for one semester (fall/spring) or one academic year of coursework.